Friday, January 22, 2016

A Birthday With a View

Happy Friday!

I'm going to end the week with a birthday card.  With my ever-growing collection of distress inks, especially since they came out with those cute little mini ones, I figured I better get to using them and not just hoarding them!

I got this "Hearth and Home" die from Stampin' Up which is a really cool window die.  I just love how versatile it is!


If you "Pinterest" this die, you can find so many wonderful ways to use it.  That's exactly how I found my inspiration for this card.  I couldn't find any specific instructions on what color distress inks to blend for this kind of scene, so I just winged it, and I 'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


For the ocean, I blended Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire and Peacock Feathers.


For the sky/sun, I blended Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon and Pickled Raspberry.


So if you have a beach-loving, ocean-watching, I'd-Rather-Be-At-The-Beach kind of friend birthday coming up, break out those distress inks and get to blending!

Get your craft on!
--Cheryl

SUPPLIES USED:

No comments:

Post a Comment