Friday, November 4, 2011

QuicKutz Card - Ornament and Star

Happy Friday!

Today is another QuicKutz die card, this time using the "Ornament" and "Star."


I decided to make these into a garland-type decoration across my card using Lily Bee Design - Jingle paper.  Trying to figure out how to do the rest of the card was the challenge.  First of all, here's the card:


I used Kraft paper for the card base.  I won't bore you with the tedious details and mishaps, but the end result was me using my Martha Stewart border punch to use as a stencil on the sides of the card.  I sprayed over the stencil with some Smooch Spritz in Cherry Ice.  It's a pearlized accent spray that adds some glimmer to your projects without having to use glitter.  YES!  Because...I hate, despite, and abhor glitter!  Seriously, I don't like it.

Next, I put a piece of coordinating "Jingle" paper in the middle (mostly to cover up a not-so-great-idea with more spray ink).  I distressed the edges of the paper with some Tim Holtz Barn Door distress ink.  I then stamped "Merry" which is part of a Stampin' Up set of stamps which I'm sure is discontinued by now.


I love mini clothespins!  That's what I used to hold my Divine Twine Holiday/Christmas string of ornaments.  I decided to leave the ornaments loose and not secure them down with pop dots or adhesive.  I like how they kind of fall here and there...gives them more of a whimsy effect.

That's it for today...now go get YOUR craft on!
Cheryl

List of Supplies:



No comments:

Post a Comment