Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hot Chocolate Bar

A friend was telling me about having a hot chocolate bar for a get-together and I loved the idea.  She sent me the recipe she used for homemade crockpot hot chocolate she found on Pinterest (where else?) and then it was time to get creative with "toppings/fillings" for the hot chocolate.  I had this set up for Christmas Day when we had family over.

First of all, the hot chocolate crock pot recipe can be found HERE.  It's fabulous!

Here's a picture of all the "toppings."
I had cinnamon sticks, chocolate covered cherries, caramels/caramel syrup, white chocolate chips, Rolos, mint chocolate candy canes, peppermint candies, and several varieties of marshmallows; mini, Peeps snowman, regular size marshmallows with snowman face "painted" on them (food coloring tubes), and marshmallows dipped in chocolate and then coated with various Christmas-color sprinkles or crushed peppermint candy canes.






It was a big hit!  I can't wait to do it again!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment