Monday, June 4, 2012

Sew Suite

I was so hung up on pinwheel cards, I haven't been able to make anything but those.  Didn't think you'd appreciate a week's worth of pinwheel cards in every post.  It took the new Stampin' Up Catalog to inspire me onto other things.  My awesome SU Rep had an open house for her previous hostesses and gave us a new catalog and let us shop her retired items that she was selling.  I bought the "Sew Suite" stamp set.  It's "sew" cute! (corny).


 Here are a couple cards I made using this stamp set.

The "You're Sew Sweet" card was fun.  First, I took some distress ink and a brayer and antiqued my background paper, which started out as sort of a cream color.  Then I took the various stamps in the set and inked them with gray ink and then randomly stamped them over the brayed surface.  I stamped the spools, embossed them with silver embossing powder, colored the top and bottom to match the twine and then wrapped the twine around them.  I put a fancy stick pin in each one to represent the needle.  The sentiment was done with stickers from another kit and the word "sew" was stamped with SU "Rough Type" set.

This next card was super easy.  I used the same background technique as above.  I stamped the "buttons" stamp on a piece of paper in my scrap drawer and stuck on some wooden buttons I had in my stash (with brown twine tied in the middle).

Hope you enjoyed!

Go get your craft on!
Cheryl

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment