Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Gathering" Miss You Card

I decided to take part in Authentique's July Sketch Challenge.  For starters, I'm making a card using their card sketch:
There's also a layout sketch which I may try a little later.

Here's my card:
I used Authentique's Gathering 6x6 paper.  I had to do some improvising as I had no butterflies (stamps, chipboard or stickers) and I had nothing to make the "swirlies" with (that matched the paper anyway).  So I decided to make my own butterfly using a mini clothespin and a white silk flower which I sprayed with Glimmer Mists, Electric Blue with a Silver Sugar overcoat to make it really glimmer.  The "swirlies" were made with tiny brads.

You should join in on the challenge.  You have all month to enter, you can enter as many times as you want, and it's a random drawing...so it doesn't have to be the "best" to win.  My kind of contest! :)

Now go get YOUR craft on!
Cheryl

Supplies Used:

1 comment: