Monday, February 4, 2013

Washi and Twine Topiary

Good Monday Afternon, Crafty Peeps!

Today I have something other than a card or layout to share.  I've been itching to start making some Valentine's Day decorations...especially to decorate the mantle.  I came across a partially completed Valentine decoration project from last year and decided to finish it this year. 

I believe this was my original inspiration:


Gorgeous, right?!

So what I had on hand was the topiary form (green in color) and the pink "roses" hot-glued to the top portion.  That's it.  Not sure what happened.  Oh wait, I remember.  I couldn't find a cute pot/bucket to put it in.  Obviously I was going to have that same problem this year (seeing how I hadn't been looking for anything), so I came up with a way to decorate it without needing a bucket!


Can you say twine and washi?!  I knew you could.  I took some Pink Sorbet twine from The Twinery and some Pink Chevron and Gray Polka-dot washi and went to town covering up all that nasty green color!


I'll have a big "Mantle Reveal" once the mantle is fully assembled...still have a few more projects to finish yet.

Happy Crafting!
--Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment