Saturday, January 11, 2014

Chalkboard Clipboard Valentine's Day Countdown

I have a new obsession....chalkboard paint!  I finally got some and I'm hooked!  I'm so happy to have a fun project for all those clipboards I've been hanging onto for years now as well.  My first clipboard project is a Valentine's Day count down!


Start out with your clipboard, chalkboard paint and a sponge brush.


I just followed the instructions on the chalkboard paint bottle which said to paint it on horizontally, wait and hour, then paint it on vertically.  Wait an hour or 2 and then rub a piece of chalk over the whole thing and wipe with a damp towel.


Now to pretty it up!  This is where my Silhouette Cameo comes in!  I bought a couple new designs (owl and XOXO) and then typed out the lettering using a fun font.

The most awesomest part...the chalk holder!  Yep, it's a scrabble tile holder that I painted and glued on.  Love it! 


Super happy with how it turned out!  Can't wait to "decorate" another one.  Post to follow!

I'll be linking this up at The Party Bunch and the Link Party Palooza.


Go get your craft on!
--Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment