Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Birthday Card

Today I wanted to use my Stampin' Up Patterned Party stamp set which I got in August and still haven't used!  It has pennants!  Bet you didn't know I love pennants. :)

I love the blues and browns in this My Mind's Eye Lost & Found "Portobello Road" paper.  I thought I could make it into a "man" birthday card, but I just can't keep from getting "girly" with my Prima Flowers and Martha Stewart scalloped lace edge punch.  I love the distressed, shabby-chic look, so I distressed the circle punches with Tim Holtz' Faded Jeans distress ink and then used my paper distresser to rough up the edges.


Card How To:
1.  Lay down plaid/background paper.
2.  Stamp sentiment on another piece of coordinating paper and then use an edge punch on the bottom edge.  Set aside.
3.  Punch out 8 2" inch circle punches.  Use distressing ink on edges of each circle and then distress the edges with a paper distresser.
4.  Glue each circle down, starting from the bottom and overlapping one on top of the other as you work towards the top.
5.  Glue down sentiment paper.
6.  Add a flower on top of a couple circles.

Happy Crafting!
Cheryl



No comments:

Post a Comment