Monday, November 21, 2011

Paper Flowers

I love the look of these paper flowers.  If you wad them up real good, they start looking like fabric.  And I love the shabby-chic look of them, all distressed and wrinkly.  Here's some I've used on cards in the past.
Then I got the bright idea to go bigger.  But I didn't have a big enough circle punch.  Then I remembered the Fiskars templates that I have and lo and behold, I had the circle ones!


You use this nifty little cutting tool with it...
 
So I started cutting my circles, distressing the edges, distress inking the edges, crumpling it up, holding it together with a jewel brad and then hot-gluing an alligator clip on the back and voila!
Pretty hair clips!  The one above is clipped onto an elastic headband.  Here are some other designs.



I'm super excited that Venice Baby is carrying my bows.  You need to check out Venice Baby's blog.  She has the cutest hand-made items!  The Long Winter's Nap Caps are a personal favorite.  Can you just picture your kids with these in front of the Christmas tree for your Christmas picture this year? 

Go get your craft on!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment