Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's Greek To Me

Happy Wednesday!

I had one of those green styrofoam cones and was really wanting to do something Christmas-y with it.  After failed attempts at a couple different ideas, I remembered THIS idea and decided to go for it!  All you need is your styrofoam cone, an old dictionary or....
 Yep, I did it.  I had no dictionary.  I had no other book to use and I just HAD to do it NOW!  That's when I remembered this Strong's Concordance that was given to me as a gift (as I was headed off to Bible College) some 20 years ago.  I opened it maybe once in college and couldn't figure out how to use it.  Somehow it has made it through at least 10 moves and still sits on my shelf...unopened...not being used.  Guess what?!  Now it's being used!

I went to the back section and realized it was the Greek dictionary.  Thus, it's all greek to me! :)  I inked up the pages with Tim Holtz "Old Paper" distress ink, punched out 2" circles, inked some of the circle edges with Tim Holtz "Barn Door" distress ink, and then hot-glued them on the tree using the "pencil technique" here.  I started at the bottom and worked my way up.







Here's the finished product.
I also saw an idea of wrapping jute twine around these cones, so I did that with another one.  Here they are together.
I need to add one more layer of twine to fill in the gaps a little bit.

Now go get your craft on!
Cheryl

Supplies Used:



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Izzyb...appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete