Friday, January 27, 2012

CopyCat - Burlap Valentine's Banner


Happy Friday!

I've got another CopyCat for you!  I saw this adorable burlap banner on Pinterest and knew just what to do with that burlap I had ordered a while back!
I decided to go "no sew" with my banner, but wanted to use fabric hearts, so I used some Heat 'n Bond and this is what I came up with:
I just made a template from cardstock for the pennant pieces and hearts and then cut everything out.  I did sew the ribbon to the banner.  And then I decided that it would look cute to have a stitch line around the hearts, so I tried it out on the end heart.
You can't really see it that well.  It's not that great.  But since you can't see it too well, I decided to go ahead and do the first heart as well.

A friend advised I use some floss since it would show up better and just hand stitch around the hearts.  Loved the idea!  Hope I can get around to doing it before Valentine's Day! :)

Have a great weekend...make time to get your craft on!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment