Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Echo Park Sweet Day Project Challenge

Hello Crafty Friends,

If you subscribe to Echo Park's newsletter, you should have gotten an email about a Sweet Day project challenge.  I was bummed I couldn't participate when I saw it, because I didn't have their Sweet Day collection...until my order from I {Heart} Papers arrived in which I ordered 4 6x6 pads (on sale) and had totally forgotten that one of them was the Sweet Day 6x6 pad!  Woo-Hoo!  This paper is so cute! (I know, I say that about ALL the cute 6x6's out there!)
So here's the card I created.


I used the "flowers" embossing folder from the Dots & Flowers Sizzix set for the top part of the card.  The yellow rose ribbon is something I've had for a while now...so long I can't remember where I got it!  I used the Sizzix 5 Dies Framelits - Stars (2 of the framelits) to make the stars, and then I scored them to give them a 3-D effect.  I tied a little baker's twine around them for a little more added detail.   Add the Happy Birthday banner and Voila!  Oh, and of course I had to ink all the edges with distress ink...peeled paint was my ink of choice since I just bought it and was dying to use it for the first time. :)

But wait, there's more!  Since I had all the paper out, I decided to go ahead and do another card with this 6x6 pad.  Here you go:
Side Note:  Later in the day, this card fell over ("face" first) onto an open red distress ink pad and got some on the front of it.  SO glad I took a picture of it before it got defaced!  And luckily, it'll be easy enough to reproduce if necessary! :)

Time to go get YOUR craft one!
Cheryl

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment