Monday, February 22, 2016

Bible Art Journal Entry - Forgiving...Even As...


Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, 
as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

For this journal entry, I decided to try a new technique for me.  I laid down my letter stickers and then used my gelatos to go over the stickers.  I used my finger to smear/spread the gelato color around and into the grooves and cracks of the letters so it would leave a nice, clean, crisp imprint of the letters upon pulling the letters off (very carefully).



I added the second part of the verse to a card and taped it in with washi tape.  I once again laid down my stickers and then went over the whole card with several different colors of distress ink, blending them all together.  I then pulled up my stickers.  I added stickers for "forgave" and stamped "Eph" and wrote in 3:32.


On the reverse side I added some stickers where it would allow me to journal at a later time if needed.


It can be hard to forgive sometimes, but it's just so important to remember how much God forgave us.  It kind of puts it into perspective a little more.

Hope you're able to spend time in the Word today!
--Cheryl

Supplies Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment