Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Bible Art Journal Entry - Guard Your Heart

My Bible art journal entry today comes from Proverbs 4:23.

(ESV)  Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
(NIV) Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.


I wanted a heart with a stream of water flowing out of it.  Since I can't draw, I had to find an image to trace.  I finally came across one that was as close as I could get to that concept.  I traced it into my Bible using tracing paper and graphite paper, and then colored in the water and heart with some distress inks and then some colored pencils.


Instead of writing "your heart" after "Guard," I decided to just put the word "Guard" over the heart to signify the same thing.  The rest of the words were done with stickers except for "everything" which is stamped.

Once again, I highlighted the passage with my Gelatos.


I went around everything with some distress ink (Salty Ocean) to add a little more color.  I added a swirly-type sticker and heart at the bottom to complete it.


I color in my Bible!
--Cheryl

SUPPLIES USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment