Monday, February 15, 2016

Bible Art Journal Entry - Do Not Be Anxious

I'm super excited to share some Bible Art Journaling posts with you all.  I think I was made aware of this sort of Bible journaling back in December.  I was immediately drawn to it because:  (A) Time in the Word is always a good thing and something I needed to be more consistent at, and (B) It involved being crafty and being able to use my craft supplies!

I started following people on Instagram and scouring Pinterest for inspiration and scripture to art journal.  Becoming familiar with Illustrated Faith is a must!  Shannon Noel is the founder of Illustrated Faith and essentially brought this form of Bible journaling to the masses.  Illustrated Faith has since partnered with Bella Blvd and Dayspring to bring even more products and inspiration!

The journal entry I'm sharing today is from Matthew 6:25-34.  This is a wonderful passage to meditate on while you're doing your art, and just trying to figure out what direction you want to go with it.  I like to highlight the text I'm journaling.  Gelatos are great for this purpose and are just a fun medium to work with in general, especially on Bible pages!


For this one, I actually started off using an embossing folder that had little flowers all over it.  I put my bible page between the folder and pressed with my fingers.  You can't really distinguish that it's a flower imprint, but it does give it a lot of texture.


Then I used blue and yellow acrylic paint and with the edge of a credit card, just scraped it onto the page.


I stamped a banner in a turquoise color and used alpha stickers for "Do Not Be" and then just wrote out the word "anxious."  I use a lot of alpha stickers because I just don't have great handwriting.  And I really like how the letter stickers look!  A few additional touches are stamped butterflies and underneath "anxious" I stamped some bouquets of flowers in a yellow color.  They're kind of hard to see.

I love my sweet, little bird standing on a branch (which is just a sticker).  I stamped the bird and colored him in with colored pencils.  Add a date stamp and it's all done!


"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on.  Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air:  they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?  And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?  And why are you anxious about clothing?  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow:  they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?  Therefore, do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'  For the Gentles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.  Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Hope you're able to be in the Word today!
--Cheryl

SUPPLIES USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment