Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fold-Out Card - Remember When

This card was inspired by Diane Zechman.  I don't know her personally, but I came upon her blog during a blog hop and she has amazing cards on her blog.  Check it out when you get a chance! 

This was my first attempt at anything other than your basic folded card, so be kind. :) I had a stamp that I got for a couple bucks at The Dollar Store with "Remember When" as the sentiment.  I love this phrase because it's an inside joke my best friend and I have.  I haven't seen my friend in years, nor have we been keeping up correspondence that well, so I wanted to make a card to send to her with this sentiment.  And I thought the folded card would make it extra special.  So here's what I ended up with.

I chose the music paper because she plays piano.  The pennants are from a new set of stamps I got recently and have been dying to use...Hooray!
 And then you untie the bow and open it up to this:
And then you flip up the front flap and have room to write your note:
Hope you can tell from the pictures how that all works.  It took a lot of time...and paper.  Oh, speaking of paper, I used My Mind's Eye, Lost & Found collection, Madison Avenue.  It's double-sided and I would pull out a piece of paper to use and when I would turn it over to put glue on it, I would see the other side and then couldn't decide which side to glue because they were both so gorgeous!

I'm off to mail my card.

Happy Crafting!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment